[DML] Re: Cup holders

dmc-xii wrote
<<I second that. Avoids the hassle and problems. Just drink something before you
leave or when you get out. If you really need to drink in the car, I suggest
water so that if it spills, it won't make a sticky, slimy, disgusting mess.

The Genius

On Thu, 02 Mar 2000 08:52:59 Marc A Levy wrote:
>My solution: Dont drink and drive!
>
>The rules of my cars are no food, drink, or smoking at any time!>>

Guys,
This is not helpful advice - really! Next you'll suggest if you don't want to waste gas don't drive!

Please. At no point in my original query did I say I want to drink (or smoke, where the
heck did that come from???) while driving. I guess the Genius didn't even read his
own reply since I'm not sure how I'm supposed to drink my drink after I get out of the
car without being able to transport it??? which is my original concern. I don't want
to drink while driving. I use my car daily - and when I buy lunch to take back to work,
I want someplace to hold the drink - that's a pretty reasonable request.

Many people have written with good suggestions - It's clear our cars were not designed
to deal with this issue - and it's a real issue worth real suggestions.
And there have been enough responses to let
me know this is a concern for many of us. Frankly, I see an opportunity here for someone
to design and sell something tailored to our cars - that's what this forum is for.

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Ernst & Young LLP