[DML] Re: Getting Insurance in Virginia

I am also in the Richmond area, but not in a city zip code where the rates and
"red lines" are considerably greater than surrounding counties. As Cliff already
knows, in Virginia cities and counties are entirely different entities and
jurisdictions including those for insurance purposes. In Virginia rates are regulated
and established by zip code. When I moved virtually across the street from a city zip
code (even though I was living in the county) to a county zip code, my rates dropped
dramatically. Nothing else had changed.

I have had insurance with Allstate on my DeLorean for 18 years. Before I bought the
DeLorean I asked my agent if there would be a problem insuring it since DMC had just
gone out of business. He replied, "Of course not, why should there be a problem?"
No con, I just asked, unless you call a pristine driving record a "con" (no accident
claims that were my "fault", or serious traffic violations). That was 18 years ago.
I have NEVER had a question from my agent or Allstate about my DeLorean since. But
then I have never had a claim on the DeLorean, or any other claim that was a result
of "my fault" on any of my 5 insured vehicles and a boat.

Regards,
Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982)
Midlothian, VA