[DML] Rough acceleration

Now I've gone and done it. I finished up my water pump job, put it all back
together, but something is not quite right. The "project" was water
pump/hoses, wires/cap/rotor, small vacuum hoses under the intake. Water pump
part is fine, but now there's something screwy in the operational stuff. Car
starts OK (not quite as easy as before, but OK). Idles OK, but when I
accelerate the engine in neutral it is very rough/coughs until it comes up
to speed. If it was carbureted I'd say that the choke is not working. Once
it warms up, it smooths out somewhat but is still rough on accelleration and
does not like cruising at a constant speed. Idle is fine.

I pulled the injection unit off so that I could see everything back there
and re-check the distributor and wiring. I'm about to put that back
together.

Here's what I've checked so far: Wires are good (Ohm meter) and plugged in
correctly, vacuum hoses are not leaking and are installed correctly (checked
with hand vacpump and guage). IAC O-ring seems OK, everything is where it
should be, and no vaccuum leaks, at least that I can hear. Distributor
vacuum advance is working. I have NOT changed any adjustments (timing, CO
etc) and it ran fine before I started. Idle microswitch is working. Gas is
new, but has some Sta-bil (fuel stabilizer) in it.

Disconnecting the IAC wire while cold has some effect, once it warms up no
effect.

Before I rip my hair out, any ideas? Joe - any more clues to look for?

Dave