[DML] Re: Epoxy the answer.

Chris,
Your Chassis was spray painted at the Plant in Dunmurry and I am the
person that painted it.
About 10 Chassis were painted by me.
This all happened when we at the Plant had the problem about which type
of metal was to be used for the Chassis.
The U.S regulations would not allow Stainless Steel as it was to brittle
I think I am right in saying the ones that were sprayed were made of
galvanized metal.
They were spray painted with 2 coats of Grey cellulose primer and
finished with 2 coats of Black Matt cellulose finish.
I still have a ticket (yellow in colour)of one of those Chassis,
Material Movement
Chassis-Manual---PreProd
Part Description

Part No. 101772
Order No. PC11300
Supplier G K N
Date Rec. 7 Nov.1980
Location Q C Checked
Removed for spraying
Signed J. Gualt
or
G.Gault
The reason why I remember this so well I was Kited out with Face mask
Cogs overalls.
This guy taped me on the shoulder,I looked round and he said,
"Have you got any problems"
I replied "No"
He said "If you got any problems,you come and see me"
It was JOHN Z DeLorean
True story!!
Joe Murray
Clock No.1065 (DeLorean)