[DML] Raddad on the road (no DeLorean content)

[DML] Raddad on the road (no DeLorean content)

For those of us on the list that are familiar with Dick Ryan (aka "raddad"), you may remember his posting late last year about his "around the world" bicycle trip...he started on it by riding in the Rose Bowl Parade on January 1. Last week our paths happened to cross in San Jose, Costa Rica. I have been in Costa Rica for a few weeks, and as luck would have it he spent three days in San Jose right before I was due to return to Houston. It was the second time I have met Dick, and while part of me thinks he's a bit nuts (66 year old, one-legged man riding 32,000km on a bicycle), I have to remember that he's a DeLorean owner, so he's entitled to be a bit nuts :)

Dick reports that the ride through Baja Mexico was rough, but he's made it just fine. He left Costa Rica Friday morning to head for Panama City, and beyond that I'm not sure. he said I was the first DML'er he had met up with so far this trip, but he had several he was planning to meet in Europe and I think South America and Australia.

I'd like to thank Dick's wife, Leslie, for being the email "go-between" for Dick and I, ensuring that we were able to contact each other in Costa Rica. If anyone is interested, another rider on the trip is maintaining a webpage that is a log of the trip, and I will try and get the URL from Leslie...

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573