[DML] Re: News paper article January 16 2000

[DML] Re: News paper article January 16 2000

I can't see any relevance between De lorean and the Falklands war, however
I do believe there was an awful lot of stuff going on behind the sceans
between the USA and UK that we shall never get to the bottom of. Britain had
a change of government half way through, so perhaps it did not bother the
new incoming Conservative 's too much if this Labour agreed set up was to
fail. But the facts don't quite agree with this view, as even the new
Conservative government put many more millions of £'s into it before it
finally folded.

I don't honestly think JZ should be consider for sainthood, along with many
leading Big businessman and politicians of all shades, I think many have
done things in the past, they would prefer be kept secret.

JZ's disgrace was very public and humiliating, how many of us would look
good if our private or business affairs were put under the spotlight like
poor old JZ ?

I have visited Northern Ireland and the factory and spoken to many former
workers, I have never heard any criticism of JZ, despite all that has
happened, most people were proud of what was achieved at Dunmurry in such a
short space of time, with such an inexpericed workforce. They are equally
proud of the resulting wonderful De Lorean sports car.

John DeLorean should also be proud of what was achieved, how many other
people have their name on a car that has a proud place in practicly every
good motoring museum in the world?

Chris DOC UK