[DML] Re: genuine original architectural plans for the Belfast De Lorean

[DML] Re: genuine original architectural plans for the Belfast De Lorean factory

Re. Factory Floor-plans.

I'm an architect who worked in Belfast in 1988 on the redevelopment of the
Dunmurray plant. We had numerous proposals for converting the DMC Plant ...
into a carpet factory, also splitting it into numerous smaller industrial
units.

The Belfast Architects hold the original master copies of any drawings of
the factory and will do so for Legal / Professional reasons for at least 50
years +. You are probably holding a dye-line print or Zerox copy. No
Architect (definitely not those Architects) would release their original
copies to anyone, their Liability and Indemnity Insurance depend on those
documents. They are also bound by their Contract with the client to
safeguard that confidential information.

There are nodoubt copy-rights attached to the drawings, either by the
Belfast construction Architects or by the USA designers! My employer "Brodie
and Hawthorne Architects" were the local architects who prepared the
'working drawings' and Govt. Submissions in Belfast back in 1978. It is also
a security breach that those drawings are available on the open market ...
where did you get them?

Regards, IAN