[DML] Re: Adapt DMC Model to Radio Control

[DML] Re: Adapt DMC Model to Radio Control

Hi Mike,

I got one of those model 'adapter kits' about 8mts ago from somewhere in USA
... my recommendation is to stay away from them. I wasted $36(ish) on it.
The main car body piece was a very poor quality white plastic ... nothing
like the rigidity of the original BTTF kit. The new body simply 'melted' or
softened when I received it ... the roof warped dramatically down into the
cockpit. Ok I live in HongKong, but its no more hot or humid here than it is
in Washington DC in summer!!!

Also the quality of the castings were down-right amateurish. The rear
louvres were bowed and without spaces between. Complete waste of time and
money!

I'm now converting a BTTF kit body (remove the piping around wheel arches,
fill the little holes...) and its looking much better. At least I have the
binnacle and dash from the $36 adapter kit ... will make it a RHD
conversion!

My version will be stationary ... need a reminder sitting on top of my PC of
my baby stored back in N.Ireland!

Cheers, IAN (vin.# 06425 & 01205)