[DML] Re: Vortec swap & engine removal (kinda long)

[DML] Re: Vortec swap & engine removal (kinda long)

> Duke Bladorn wrote:
>
> Removing the engine in the DeLorean is really simple. If I remember
> correctly, there are only 4 bolts to the bellhousing, 3 bolts on the
> flywheel, and the 2 motor mounts. Then just uplug the electrical
> connectors from the panel and it comes right out.

I guess it would be fairly simple if that's all there was to it. What
about the water hoses, the exhaust system, the air conditioner lines
(no small tasks these days if you do it according to law), the fuel
lines and related emission lines, the throttle linkage, battery
connections, and a multitude of other electrical connections that don't
go to "panel" connectors? Just to mention a few that you overlooked.
I suppose it would go quicker if you just simply cut all the above
mentioned connections with a torch like they do in a salvage yard when
they are removing a motor. But then if you cut the air conditioner lines
you might be facing a stiff fine and jail term for purposely allowing
R-12 freon to escape into the atmosphere. Properly and lawfully
discharging an air conditioner system is somewhat time consuming in
itself.

Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982)