[DML] louver pin

A couple months back I was making a sharp turn and heard a
pavement in the mirror.

I final found that it was the steel pin that holds the latch on the engine
louvre that slipped out (the larger one, not the one holding the spring).

I bought a new one, but how does it attach? It's way to small for the hole
and just sits in there. Is there some sort of expanding tool to open in up
or flare the ends? The smaller one just appears to be rusted on so it
didn't help me at all. Right now it would just go flying out of there like
the last one.

Thanks,

--Jonathan