[DML] Re: cost of the Northstar conversion

[DML] Re: cost of the Northstar conversion

I agree with you Darryl, which is why my message stated that 20K was a
lot to spend on the car, and not that I did not think the conversion was
a "rip off". I dont think the conversion is a rip off, I do however
question how many conversions will be done with a 20K price tag.

It would seem to me that someone who spend the time engineering and
developing such a conversion would be looking to recoup some of the
investment. It is for that reason I question why this vendor does not
sell the conversion in a DIY kit form. I'd love to be able to pay
someone to "just do it" for me, but Colorado is a long way from New
Jersey- and I dont mind doing the work myself and buy the kit from
someone else has already done the engineering and testing.

The claim is that this northstar conversion does not require any
modification to the car, that would lead me to believe that the custom
parts needed could be put in a box and shipped to me at a fair price.

I guess as more detail emerge about this conversion, it may make more
sense to me... I hope so because I really want to replace my PRV-6 with
something more powerful. A little fire scared the c**p out of me this
weekend so I need to do something (Good thing I had a fire extinguisher)
but that is another story.

So Darryl, any plans to sell your conversion as a DIY kit?! :)