[DML] Turbo... Why?

Hi!

I just have a small questions for everyone interested in turbo
installations in their D...

I have been thinking about it, and why install a Turbo? Since turbos
require a decent rpm before they spool, you'll get the so called turbo
lag. A supercharger doesn't have this problem to the same extent. In
contrast a supercharger is also much easier to install (should be
cheaper right?) because it is a pretty tricky process to mess with the
exhaust system.

Is there some benefit of the turbo I am missing that causes so many to
choose it? It can't be performance right? Because the supercharger
causes the engine to have more power at low rpms, it seems it would also
provide better 0-60 times...

I'm just confused... Please inform me..
Matt