[DML] PCV System..

Pulling in to traffic yesterday, I stomped on the gas. A 1/2 mile or so
later I saw smoke coming from the engine compartment. I quickly pulled
over, grabbed the fire extinguisher, and opened the cover. The smoke
was comming from the passenger side exhaust area. I looked under the
car and saw a oil slick on the frame behind the turbo. I figured I
busted the oil line to the turbo.

After closer inspection, I saw the oil was driping from the air filter
housing! (See http://remus.rutgers.edu/~mxl/dmc/Ser6-08.JPG to get an
idea of what I am talking about)

It seems that with the turbos under full boost, the stock air box is too
restrictive, and caused enuff vaccum to pull oil in through the PCV
tube. I removed the air box, and filter. There was a oil slick on the
filter where the PCV port is.

I guess I never realy put much thought in to it, but I always assumed
that the PCV tube hooked to the air box was to suck the gasses out of
the crankcase. But then I got to thinking, where does the air come in
to the crankcase?

I did a quick search on the net and found a good page that explains in
detail the PCV system (in general, not DMC specific) at
http://www.njautosite.com/garage/encyclop/ency08b.html

Based on that page, it would seem that the tube attached to the air box
is where the air gets sucked in to the crank case. That kind of makes
sense now, because the vaccum would need to come from someplace beyond
the throttle plates. So, where does this vaccum come from? There is no
PCV valve, so I guess it uses some other method to acheive the desired
results. If the vaccum is taken from some place beyond the throttle
plates, then when I go in to boost the crankcase will then become
pressurized and in theory help push the oil out in to the air box!

I guess I should also take a look at the hose routing diagram, but I did
not have time to do that yesterday. Either way, anyone have a good
explination on how the system work in the De Lorean, and where the vital
parts are?

Thanks,
Marc