[DML] Re: Weak battery

It sounds like you may have something drawing current and you should
probably try to solve that problem first, (trouble shooting that should
be in the archives)
Note: Many older security systems are notorious for doing this.
I have an 82 corvette that will kill a good battery in 2-3 weeks and
turn a brand new battery into garbage
In about 1-2 months (lead acid batteries don't like being fully
discharged). If you hook an ordinary battery charger to the battery and
leave it on all the time, it will for lack of a better term cook your
battery over time.
The solution is a float charger that keeps the battery charged but
doesn't over charge it, Many are out there they cost between $10-$50 (I
paid about $15 for a cheap one) and it works great and I have never had
a problem since
I started using it about a year ago. It should also help prolong the
life of the battery. Based on my experience I would recommend a float
charger for any car or battery that does not get regular use.The
avantage of this over the battery switch is that you don't have to
reset your clock, it keeps info in the computers and should give the
battery a longer life over all.

Mike D.
vin 3113
NY Lic DLORIANN

PS still would like to here from Long Island Delorean owners out there!

original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=3128