[DML] Gas Mask

Help! A critter has died in the bowels of my car. Now, I've checked
inside the car. I checked in the comparments behind the seat and under the
package shelf. I've checked in the engine compartment. I've checked in
the front trunk. All to no avail. No critter to be seen - but, boy howdy,
you can sure smell him.

Two things gave me a clue as to where he/she might be. Two dogs were
actually licking the stainless steel on the front fender just behind the
wheel well. Then, when I removed the cover to the compartment where the
tool kit is kept -- sheesh - what an awful smell.

It seems that whatever is dead has managed to crawl into the front pontoon
on the passenger's side. It apparently crawled past the point where the
opening gets smaller on top of the wheel well and then died in the space
behind the wheel well.

I believe that the top of the pontoon is empty space and the bottom is
filled with foam. To get to the space it appears I have two choices.
Remove the front fender and cut a "retrieval hole" into the GRP so as to
extract the dead critter; OR, cut the hole from the trunk side. The latter
is MUCH simpler, but the results will be more obvious. Naturally, after
removal, I could fill the upper pontoon with insulating foam which would
give backing for the piece that was removed and then have it reglassed and
repainted.

Before I do either of the above, does anyone have any other clever suggestions?

Oh, yes, option three is to sell the car to someone who has lost their
sense of smell.

Help!

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867