[DML] Re: Disassembled D...

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Dave Stragand wrote:

> The owner is asking $5000. When I asked last year, the responses leaned
> heavily towards the "the car is totalled" end of the scale. The average

Maybe. But you are in the interesting position that as far as you know,
everything is functional. Simply assembling the car should only take a
few weeks. Would be a good summer project assuming you have the space and
tools, or a good winter project if you have a heated garage. :}

> on the responses was $3500. I plan to offer him $3000, and settle on
> $3500-$4000. I figure this is a no-lose price, as I could always part
> out the D if I got too discouraged (or broke).

Sure. Fair enough.

Why did he disassemble the engine? Did he disassemble it in the form of
"I took off the clutch and all the accessory brackets" or in the form of
"I have a new head gasket and half a dozen valve keepers around here
somewhere"? :}