[DML] Re: Tire Balancing

I ONLY spin-balance ALL my cars' tires on the vehicle. (38 Buick, 78 Volare,81 DeLorean). More than just the tire/wheel roatate thus all should be in balance. Of course, marke the position of the wheel so remounting will be in the same position. Check with shop that work on tractor/trailer tires as they are spun on the vehicle. Tulsa Auto Spring is the only place I know of in my neck of the woods;~$5/wheel.
Drive Stainless Robert VIN 6924

From: DeLorean31@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Tire Balancing
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 02:55:21 EDT

I recently purcahsed the Yokohamas for my D. I was wondering how many owners
have had them spin balanced while on the car or do most people just balance
the tires on the rims while they are off the car? Before I search for a shop
that can spin balance on the car, is the ride just as well if I have my
mechanic balance them while he has them off the car? Also should the
alignment be checked or anything else done while changing the tires?

Gary
VIN3360

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address moderator@xxxx