[DML] Re: weird blue wires/tube things

> Well it looks as if you have already thrown away $1000. Your analysis is
> lot of guess work that will get you deeper in trouble. For example, your
> frequency valve does not receive a 12 volt feed to operate. Improper
> testing procedures could cause serious damage to your ECU's.
>
> To answer your main question the two blue items are electrical connectors
> connecting the impulse coil to the ignition ECU and the 02 sensor to the
> Lambda ECU. Both of these units deal with very low voltages. Improper
> testing can permanently damage both.
>
> DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
> Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>
>
> ----------
> > From: NJP548@xxxx
> > Subject: [DML] weird blue wires/tube things
> > Date: Sunday, September 12, 1999 7:57 PM
> >
> > Hey list,
> >
> While trying to get my car to run better I came across a possible
> problem that might help me. First off I have to know there are 2
> different ECU units correct? One is called the Lambda ECU and the other
is the one that controls the Idle Speed Regulator, right??. I took off the
wood
> panel behind the drivers side and saw that there were 2 blue tube
things...one
> was coming off of the Lambda ECU and the other was coming from an other
unit that was mounted underneath the other ECU (the one that controls the
Idle Speed Regulator) One of my questions is what do these 2 blue tube
things do.
> And also I have no power going to my frequency valve and the Control
Pressure regulator. Would that cause my car not to run right? Right now
when I
> turn it on the car will rev up to about 3500-4000 RMP but then if u let
go of
> the gas it will idle at around 1500-2000 RMP. But then when you put your
> foot all the way on the gas pedal again it will work its way back up to
about
> 3000RMP. But again if u have your foot lightly on the gas it will go up
> to about 3500RPM. At first I thought the problem was mechanical so I put
> different Fuel Distributor on it, I got new injectors, the fuel pump is
> working so I am narrowing the problem down to something electrical so I
> am still trying to figure it out. I am also thinking it might be the
Oxygen sensor, maybe that isn't sending a pulse to the Lambda ECU and maybe
thats why I don't have any power going to the Frequency Valve. Could that
be apossibility?
DMC Joe does that sound right? Anyways, I am selling this
> car so I want to get it to run better for the future owner. Any and all
help would be greatly appreciated.