[DML] Re: Door ajar light and rear window defogger

[DML] Re: Door ajar light and rear window defogger

The door lock solenoids are being activated by the (goofy) door lock module
and overheating the solenoid coils. This action overheats the circuit and
causes the door lock circuit breaker to open & close (clicking in the
electrical compartment). This will eventually damage or burn out the door
lock solenoids if it hasn't already done so. This is why we advise that the
door lock module be disconnected.

As I had mentioned, the door lock module is goofy. Certain voltage and or
ground changes in the electrical system will cause self-activation of the
module.

In some cases the solenoids will burn in the locked position, this
condition could leave you locked out, or even worse, being locked in your
car. Not just inconvenient but very embarrassing.

You can't say you weren't warned; disconnect the door lock module.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>