[DML] Spin Balancing

Perhaps I'm jealous of what must be available elsewhere, but the spin
balancing recommendation must be treated as one of those "nice to have"
--as opposed to necessary -- things.

I recently called every tire shop, alignment shop, etc. in Denver, Fort
Collins and Boulder. NONE of them did on the car balancing and they said
that they knew of no one in the area who did this anymore. I asked why and
they all said "because it didn't do a better job and it was dangerous".
Yes, a couple of them were high performance/race car places.

I went with a local place that does computer controlled balancing (off the
car) and alignment. I just completed 4000 miles in two weeks and never has
the car steered, cornered or just plain ridden smoother.

Oh, I found a place in Denver than does industrial vibration dampening and
they said they could do on the car balancing, but wondered why I wanted
such. They also said they charge by the hour and have a minimum!!

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867