[DML] Quentin Wilson

Put a Jerry Springer type of columnist in an Enquirer type newspaper and
you have Quentin Wilson and the Mirror. Now, would you get upset if the
Enquirer or the Star said these things. Hell, no! Who reads this trash.

He slams the car. But what does the monetary loss of Sammy Davis, Jr. or
Johnny Carson, or the British Government, for that matter, have to do with
the qualities of the car. Nothing! This drival should simply be ignored,
as hard as that is.

He got a couple of things right. The electrics were, at best, full of
idiosychransies and were powered by an alternator that left much to be
desired. And, whle I wouldn't call the engine anemic, we all pretty much
agree that the DeLorean could use more power.

But, come on, the rest of the article was on demented man's opinion. At
least he is bright enough to know how to cause a furor and that's what
keeps him in his job.

Three weeks ago I set out on a road trip with three other DeLoreans. We,
the four couples, covered a combined mileage in excess of 16,000 miles in
two weeks. We traveled many, many days for 400+ miles at 80+ miles an
hour. Not bad for 18 year old cars. And, I was more comfortable and
rested at the end of those days than if I had driven my 95 Jeep Grand
Cherokee. And he says the car is not comfortable.

Since we are not in a position to have him committed to the looney bin, the
next best step is to pretend he doesn't exist. (To our UK friends, I know
that you have different feelings about this, and I respect that.)

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867
A satisfied DeLorean owner since 1982