[DML] Re: door solenoids, auto opening of doors?

[DML] Re: door solenoids, auto opening of doors?

In a message dated 8/19/99 12:08:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dcsj@xxxx
writes:

<< Has Rob come up with an estimated price yet on this new gee wiz novalty
yet how much was the remote lock unit, your typical zilla pricing of $200+
. Don't get me wrong these zilla products have proven to be bullet proof
and I'm glad he has made the effort to develope them . When you consider the
cost of the simple componantry inside, relatively inexpensive that is. Its
sometimes hard to justify the high price , of course I know there is more
to it than that. The units are great I just wish the price was more
affordable. I guess I,m just to used to inexpense asian built electronics,
oh well

Dennis >>

Most exotic, collector cars and cars in general are costly in maintenance.
The DeLorean is not too expensive to keep up with in the maintenance or the
repair.

Remember the DeLorean was in production for three years. There were many
problems that haunted the car. Many of these problems has or are being
resolved by DeLorean owners and connoisseurs like Rob from PJ Grady with his
production of the ZILLA's products. This is only one of his product line
that he is manufacturing in resolving the electrical or any other weaknesses
of the DeLorean motorcar. There are several other people and companies out
there that is offering services and products that they developed to help the
DeLorean motorcar and the marque alive. The question is the cost of the
materials used? You are right. Materials in "this" case, it is cheap. I do
believed that time in researching, experimenting and developing is a cost
factor. Their time and "know how" should be compensated for such an
excellent product. There is also the cost of insurance for "product
liability" that goes along with the product -- the other hidden cost factor
too.

DON'T BE WIRED FOR FIRE, OR LEARN BY BURN!

Their products and know how will help keep the DeLorean motorcars in tip top
operation and the prevention of other problems that may arise. I believe if
one can afford it, this is the way to go. This is the price to pay to
"remedy" these problems of the DeLorean. It is a "small price" to pay for
the enjoyment. We all enjoy owning the DeLorean motorcar. If we don't, we
will get rid of it? Get stuck once and the price to pay
is................................You get the picture? :-( :-( :-(

Let me share one other product that he has in the works. I saw it and I want
it at the time when I was having the remote installed in my DeLorean three
weeks ago. It was not available then, maybe it is now. This product is a
STAINLESS STEEL GEAR ANGLE DRIVE. This is another major weakness of the
DeLorean. In the last three and a half years I have driven my DeLorean over
45,000 miles and I have replaced "two" angle drive units in my DeLorean. The
price to replace another original drive is not the problem. The time and the
aggravation to get to Rob's place and to get an appointment is the problem.
I am looking for the opportunity to replace this "other " Archille's Heel in
the DeLorean. Like his other product's, I know he has engineered and will
produce a good product so I am looking forward for a replacement unit. Now
is this the worth the fine tea and china? I think so.

If anyone out there can produce something "cheaper in price" that is worth
while, please let us know. We too can line your pockets to keep the DeLorean
motorcar alive and running. :-) :-) :-)

Kayo Ong
#05508
Lic 9D NY