[DML] re: Smoke coming out of engine compartment

Duke wrote:
>black smoke (oil) comes pouring out of the back of my car. ... I replaced
my valve cover gaskets
>thinking this would get rid of the problem but its still there. It comes
from the back of the engine
>compartment towards the driver's side.

Did you recently service the airconditioner pulley bearings? Underneat the
mess of brackets holding them in place is a cam end cover plate with an
o-ring under it. It is held in place by the same screws that hold those a/c
pulleys in place. If you have the parts manual look at item 3 and 4 on page
1/1/4., then look at page 7/2/1 and you'll see the same cover plate in
"ghosted" form. You probably dropped out the o-ring or it has come apart
over time.

dave