[DML] Smoke coming out of engine compartment

[DML] Smoke coming out of engine compartment

I was wondering if anyone had ever had this problem before. I'm driving
along and all the sudden, black smoke (oil) comes pouring out of the back of
my car. (I could loose cops in it!) It only does it at certain times
randomly. It doesn't matter if I speed up, turn to a certain direction ect.
It just does it when it feels like it. I replaced my valve cover gaskets
thinking this would get rid of the problem but its still there. It comes
from the back of the engine compartment towards the driver's side. The only
thing I can figure is I have a bad rear seal but before I try and replace
it, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows for sure
what the cause is.

Thanks in advance,

Duke