[DML] Re: Solvents

> I wouldn't recommend Trichloroethane for cleaning anything vinyl. >

Years back we used white gas to clean excess sealer and such from vinyl
upholstery and paint on new Fords rolling out the door. It doesn't hurt
vinyl, paint or plastic and is readily available as Coleman Lantern fuel at
the hardware store,. The only thing to remember is that, like many cleaning
fluids, it is highly flammable. As for Shela Shine, a doctor I'd met in
Omaha saw that used in his hospital and recommended it. A friend sent me a
gallon and it made the stainless look wonderful until the first rain, It
left dark streaks down the sides of the DeLorean that stayed there until I
washed it with a good low phosphate car wash soap.

Bruce Benson