[DML] Different Manufacturers Plate (or: weights, etc)

[DML] Different Manufacturers Plate (or: weights, etc)

There were two different manufacturers plates used.

The early one is part no. 105196 and has a GVW of 3180, 1244 front and 1936
rear.

The later one is part no. 110573 and has a GVW of 3244, 1286 front and 1958
rear.

Where is the cutoff? I haven't discovered that yet, though I would imagine
it to be at the 81/82 model year. All the 82/83's I have seen have the
later, while all the 81's I have seen have the early one. Why the change of
64 pounds?

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas