[DML] Re: Steering wheel aligment

-SNIP-
With advise from Joe at DMC services I successfully replaced my
steering
column bushing! I have only one minor problem. I"m afraid to ask this
BUT.........I didn't quite line up the column spline with the upper
universal joint when reinstalling the column and now the steering wheel
is a tad off center when traveling perfectly straight. Please don't
tell me I have to remove the column again ( taking off trim pads
etc...)
-SNIP-

I just went though the same thing when I had to replace my bushing.
The easiest way to do it IS to take out the steering collumn
unfortunately as there is not alot of room to work with the joint on
the other side. Basically what I had to do was take it out and put it
back in straight, which in itself is a feat because its difficult to
tell where perfectly straight is. If its only off by a notch, you may
be better off having the front end realigned to the wheel, If more than
a notch, then its steering column ahoy time

Raymond McKay