[DML] RearView TV

We have a rear view television setup on our motorhome.  It IS visible from the drivers seat of course.  I installed the camera and cabling myself as I wanted a color monitor and use the dash mounted regular (13") TV.  With a motorhome, the main idea is to see the very rear bumper to see WHO you are backing over, so it has a wide angle lense.  I have a small (5 inch) color TV in a small addition to the DeLorean above the center dash panel.  I built the unit with upholstery, including the French stitching of the seams to match the DeLorean dash.  It is easily removable however.   I hope to some day install a Rear View camera with it.  I have experimented with it however using my Sony Camcorder just in the driveway and it seems to work fine.

The regulations, in our state (Washington) at least, require that any Visible from the drivers seat TV, be disabled automatically when you turn the ignition on,  with the motorhome RV television, this comes on whenyou put the rig in reverse.  I have bypassed this switch so I can run it manually.  I have an automatic regulator on this tho which precludes me using it in the TV mode while driving...my wife would kill me!

I once saw a custom Porsche in a Robbs Report magazine, which happenedto be in a city we were visiting.  I went to see it and the owner told meall about its installation....his had a camera (two) faired into both sides at the rear which were well protected and accessible for servicing...it had two side by side monitors in the dash mounted fairly high so they were easily visible.

Just some thoughts and ideas for what they are worth!