[DML] Upgraded radiator - Bent Front Cross Members

[DML] Upgraded radiator - Bent Front Cross Members

I am having the radiator and all the hoses replaced in my car.
When my mechanic took out the old one, along with the fans he noticed
that the plastic housing around the left side fan was broken and the
bracket holding
the raditor and fans on that side was bent. Presumably from a curb or
pothole (the #1 cash crop for Colorado in the spring). Straightening
this out has not been a problem but this brought attention to the fact
that the cross member of the frame right behind the radiator is bent up
about 1/4-1/2 inch. This is just enough to pinch into the above
mentioned fan housing and stopping the fan from turning (yes, the fan
still works and did not burn out !?!).

Strangely, I was not having cooling problems and it doesn't seem to
effect the suspension.
No uneven tire wear.
My mechanic is going to lengthen the arms holding the radiator and fans
about 3/4 of an
inch (This is almost the maximum amount of room there is to work with.)
to give the fan the clearance it needs to turn. Has anyone else had
this problem?

Thanks,
Dan Haney
vin #003254