[DML] Re: turbo kits...

What size and brand of turbo did you use? Did you use a kit or did you do custom work?

Marc

None of the turob kits sold for the DeLorean had blow-off valves, VERY FEW
had intercoolers and most had some sort of a wastegate. Almost all of the
turbo kits are of the low pressure variety, running at 5.5 lbs to 7.5 lbs.
of boost with most in the 6 lb. range. At this level you'll rebuild your
turbos many times before you'll hurt the engine - it is very solid. I know
of several turbo'd DeLoreans that have been driven 50 to 100,000 miles
without noticeable, turbo induced wear.

I had 50,000 miles on the turbo's on my first D. There were no engine problems.

Most people have no intention to race the D's, they simply want to acquire
more power to make the car perform like it looks.

My 2¢.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867 (Twin turbos)

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address moderator@xxxx