[DML] Re: Fuel Enrichment Circuit

Joe,

My DeLorean has exactly the same starting problems that David's has.
I suspect some sort of device has failed but I too am at a loss for
"guessing" which one. My D has less than 10,000 on it and the
engine has NEVER been worked on or tinkered with until only recently.
The starting problem began years ago. I seriously doubt a wiring
problem or a vacuum line problem. I have all the correct answers to
the questions you posed to David. So, now it's beginning to sound
like either the warm-up regulator or the frequency valve has failed.
Although you state that neither has a high failure rate, which one
do you think would be most likely to fail if that's the case? This
is shotgunning, but perhaps I could change one and David could change
the other one. If one or the other works, then we will know. If
neither works......hmmmmmmm. Then what?

BTW, how expensive are these two devices? And which one is easiest
to replace? Could either or both be removed, disassembled, cleaned
or repaired, and reinstalled? If so, would that be a reasonable
alternative to replacement? If it works, it works. If not, we are
back to square one, but nothing lost except for some time. What
are the operational symptoms one might expect to encounter caused
by the failure of each of these devices? If I had to describe the
operational symptoms I'm experiencing, they would be identical to
what David has written. I am beginning to get the distinct
impression that the problem we are having is rare.

Thanks for listening.

Ed Thompson (#6419)
Midlothian, VA

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews