[DML] Re: Newbie

agentxtreme@xxxx wrote:

> Hi, I am new to the list and am thinking about getting a DMC-12 but i
> want a car that i can mod. Is it possible to mod DMC's and get good
> results, what mods have you guys done??
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

Just exactly what is it that you want to "mod"? Do you
mean "modify"? If so, I suppose you could modify ANYTHING
on a DeLorean if you were so inclined to ruin it. Did you
have in mind modifying it to resemble a BTTF D? Probably
one of the most frequent modifications seen that is remotely
acceptable is painting the car. Sometimes that becomes
necessary if there has been a lot of body damage done and
repaired with body putty. The only choice you have in that
case is to paint. If you are considering an engine
modification, there is a turbocharger kit that is available
and is an acceptable modification to some if done correctly.
Some also find it acceptable to modify the radio system by
installing an upgraded radio.

Ed Thompson (#6419)
Midlothian, VA

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews