[DML] Stainless Bumpers

you wrote:
Snip..................................................... The unpainted one
has been called
>everything from a time machine to a kitchen sink w/wheels. Personally, I
>like the painted car. ..................Snip

Speaking of painted D's hear is another great parking lot D story!

This actually happened just two weeks ago!

While loading groceries into my D parked under a shade tree in the store lot
a man cam up and started telling me about his fail limmo business in
Australia and the fact
that he had owned an original delorean. He noted that I had painted the
front and rear bumpers.

He was very proud of the fact that he had not painted his "stainless"
bumpers. He went on
to tell me about the first original turbo charged Hemi-head V-8 engine in
his D and that it was a shame that JZD's financial problems forced him to
replace the V-8's with ford 4 cylinder engines. In spite of my assurances
that DeLoreans never had stainless Facia or V-8's he insisted that he had
owned such a car and even offered me a kindness by suggesting I would feel
better about my D if I did some home work to learn more about the car and
it's history.

He also offered as I got in and closed the door that I should have my D
inspected because there were known weakness in the "tube steel frame"!

I just love my D and all that it brings!

Lee

Lee
81DMC-12

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews