[DML] Re: Poor performance in the rain-HELP!

[DML] Re: Poor performance in the rain-HELP!

Joshua,

I had nearly the same problem with my 81 a couple months ago. After quite a bit of trial and error it turned out to be as simple as a bad cap and rotor. The only problem is that the cap is hard to get to for a quick inspection. There are a couple of mounting bolts on top of the intake for the fuel distributor. If you remove these bolts (I beleave they are alen-head) You can pull up the fuel distributor enough to make the job somewhat easier. (You need to remove the plastic air filter/intake assmebly as well.) My distributor cap was very messy inside... Carbon trails everywhere. The little tab connecting the rotor to the cap center terminal was broken off too! After replacing these parts everything was back to normal.

-Luke Soasey

Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/dmcnews/?start=18

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/dmcnews