      1. Re: Delorean galvanized frames
           From: senatorpack@xxxxxx
      2. Re: Turn signals...
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
      3. Re: Delorean galvanized frames
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Cleaning engine?
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
      5. Re: Delorean galvanized frames
           From: srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      6. Re: Cleaning engine?
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      7. Re: window felt replacement
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Re: no rough idle
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Has anyone heard the latest on the Digital Dash
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Delorean galvanized frames
           From: "Chris Parnham" <chrisparnham@xxxxxxxxx>
     11. DeLorean mockup on display in Detroit...
           From: James Espey <james@xxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Re: Air Intake - Flex Tube?
           From: Jan van de Wouw <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: DeLorean quirks (was "Door Ajar" Light)
           From: Jan van de Wouw <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Cleaning engine?
           From: senatorpack@xxxxxx
     15. spark plugs
           From: "Ryan Foster" <westiething@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Delorean galvanized frames
           From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. Re: Delorean galvanized frames
           From: deloreanernst@xxxxxxx
     18. Re: no rough idle
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
     19. Missing Grille
           From: "Joseph Molino" <foxmul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     20. digital dash
           From: "Matthew P. Olans" <mpolans@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:03:08 EDT
   From: senatorpack@xxxxxx
Subject: Re: Delorean galvanized frames

Initially, the frames on the DeLorean preproduction vehicles were
manufactured of Stainless steel. This was an expensive chassis and JZD was
quoted describing the frame, "that's not extravagance...not even Rolls Royce
does that." (produce stainless steel chassis. Old Rolls Royce's' were made
with wooden frames)
    The epoxy coating was an alternative idea to stainless.

I have been doing some research removing the epoxy from the DMC chassis with
RediStrip Company of Roselle Illinois. They developed an immersion process in
alkaline tanks to remove rust, paint, epoxy, etc., off of car parts, such as
the entire DeTomaso Pantera body. After the process is complete the frame can
be galvanized or power coated again.

RediStrip advertises in Hemming Motor News.

Sincerely,
Mike Pack
DOA 4743

Message: 2