           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 00:49:10 -0000
   From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Fwd: DeLorean on ebay

If you scroll down a little farther, there is a notice that has been
placed stating that the owner isn't selling the car, but an agent for
the owner is. The disclaimer also states that the description comes
directly from the owner. Unless the owner has only had the car for a
very short time and hasn't become familiar with it, I'd say that this
is a typo on the agents side. It's like there are generic forms that
someone fills out when placing an online ad for a car. Example: I saw
an ad in Auto Trader last week for a truck that was fully loaded for
a low price. When I got to the dealership, it was a stripped model.
Turns out that the guy who placed the ad in for the dealership got a
little over zealous when checking off what options the truck was
equiped with. Another good indicator is that the ad states that the
car comes with "Original Handbooks". I've always heard printed
documentation for the DeLorean always refered to as Manuals, not
handbooks...

Conclusion: This is probably a typo on the agents side. I wouldn't be
to quick to question the owner as of yet as much as the person who is
selling the vehicle for him. But one thing's for sure. I'd be a
little upset if I paid for advertising space only to share space with
a boat that someone else is trying to hawk. On the flip side though,
good eye catching the errors. Further proof that you should always
research a car before you buy it!

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> there's a DeLorean on ebay right now that i was checking out and
noticed a
> few discrepencies in the description for it, namely the car having
anti-lock
> brakes, power steering and cruise control.
<SNIP>