      1. Re: Lift it up question SAFELY
           From: "Nick Kemp" <nkemp@xxxxxxxxxx>
      2. First Spring Outing
           From: "Jack Stiefel" <stiefel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Insuring a Delorean?
           From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Passports for Ireland
           From: kkoncelik@xxxxxxx
      5. RE: Insuring a Delorean?
           From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxxxxxxx>
      6. Spring washer II
           From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. RE: Spring washers, anyone?
           From: "Doc" <doctor280@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Drivers Education
           From: "Lynn Metz" <metzlynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. DeLorean Ireland trip abroad requirements
           From: Joe Fedeli <fedeli@xxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Re: Flights to Ireland - Low as $449
           From: Marc A Levy <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: Passports for Ireland
           From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Passports for Ireland
           From: Noah <sitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Balancing a PRV-V6 and other stuff
           From: sean_dmc1@xxxxxxxxxxx
     14. Re: DeLorean Ireland trip abroad requirements
           From: "ian" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Door Switches for Interior Lights
           From: "Ben" <tahoe98@xxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Consecutive VINs
           From: "Chris Parnham" <chrisparnham@xxxxxxxxx>
     17. Re: First Spring Outing
           From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: Lift it up question SAFELY
           From: CBL302@xxxxxxx
     19. Late Passports
           From: deloreanernst@xxxxxxx
     20. Fwd: DeLorean on ebay
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
     21. Re: First Spring Outing
           From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomcio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     22. Transmission shift linkage
           From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     23. Re: Fwd: DeLorean on ebay
           From: Christian Williams <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     24. Re: Fwd: DeLorean on ebay
           From: delorean502@xxxxxxxxxx
     25. RE: Fwd: DeLorean on ebay
           From: "Jack Stiefel" <stiefel@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 20:27:32 -0600
   From: "Nick Kemp" <nkemp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lift it up question SAFELY

The message said  ... The jack stand on the right front
kicked out and the truck fell...

I almost always leave the floor jack under the vehicle just in case
something like this happens.  I prefer a belt and suspender approach.  Have
two methods to hold the vehicle up in case one fails.

As I said in an earlier message, a floor jack is so easy to use that it make
jacking up the Delorean simple.  So simple that you can raise the whole car
and have it supported at four points.  Since the frame is so rigid, three
points will support the vehicle in the event that one failed.

Use a 4x4 to spread the load and jack the car up in the middle on each side
to get it off the floor.  I used this process repeatedly until I got the car
high enough to remove the body and roll the frame out from underneath it.
Yes, I used a long 4x4 to extend the stands out wide enough to roll the
frame out.

I had two store bought jack stands ... and never liked how they looked.
They don't look like they should work even though they do.  I built two more
out of 2x6 & 2x8 scraps.  They are quite wide at the bottom and the boards
are nailed together on their flat (thin) sides.  They look like they will
work and they do.  They are wider than store bought and they cannot crumble
like concrete blocks.

Just some thoughts.  And I'm subject to being wrong without notice:-)

Nick Kemp

Message: 2