      1. Re: Hurt D for sale, please save!
           From: "Robert Rooney" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Colling system hoses
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
      3. Re: New Poll / What number owner are you???
           From: Jan van de wouw <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Re: NCT's in Concours
           From: Marc A Levy <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Hurt D for sale, please save!
           From: "Erik Geerdink" <delorean502@xxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Harbor Freight
           From: Bob Brandys <oehcs@xxxxxxxxx>
      7. Lowering the Front Springs
           From: wmack <wmack@xxxxxx>
      8. Re:  DMC, BTTF, and other cars compared to the D.
           From: RJRavalli@xxxxxxx
      9. Octagon Auto?
           From: "Chris C" <petleech@xxxxxxx>
     10. Delorean Wide Black Stripe
           From: joelpash@xxxxxxxxx
     11. Re: Re: NCT's in Concours
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
     12. Re: Re: NCT's in Concours
           From: "Beetle" <beetle2000@xxxxxxxxxx>
     13. RE: Lowering the Front Springs
           From: "Doc" <doctor280@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Lowering the Front Springs
           From: "William F. Lane" <blane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: Lowering the Front Springs
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Lowering the Front Springs
           From: "Kevin Creason" <dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 05:06:50 -0000
   From: "Robert Rooney" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hurt D for sale, please save!

[ MODERATOR"S NOTE: I'm probably stepping on toes as well but I think the hurt car has received enough attention and the posts are begining to sound repetative so I'm killing the thread.]

I know I'll probably step on few toes here, but give me a chance. The
purpose of the "At what point does a DeLorean become Salvage" thread
wasn't just about when is it more profitable to destroy a car by
parting it out rather then spending time & more money on the car to
turn a profit by resoring it. This car in particular is another
example of a car that is a good canidate for a restoration. Although
I would place this car at the level of MUCH more advanced level of
repair work. Quick run thru: Anywhere from light to heavy chassis
repair, moderate to heavy fibreglass repair, and heavy repair to
complete replacement of the rear quarter panel, plus a replacement of
the passenger side tail lens to make the car road worthy again. Of
course on top of this you would need cosmetic items such as a new
facia, louvers, engine cover, etc... But I'm just pointing out the
basics to get the car going. This care requires more love then it
does money to fix. Remember, you can earn and obtain cash, but you
can't earn or obtain love.
  On a more personal note that may upset some, although I meant no
offence by it; STOP TRYING TO JUNK EVERY DELOREAN THAT NEEDS MAJOR
WORK!!!! The whole point was not about money, but which car is right
for a person, not just their wallet alone. If your opinion is that a
particular car should be parted out (especially one in this good a
condition), then more then likely this is not a car for you. The car
has not sold. This is not because no one wants the car, it's just
that someone who does hasn't come to take the car home yet. If you
see a car that you don't want or can't use, why not just pass it
along to someone who does?

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Dad <dsontos@xxxx> wrote:
> This car was posted here last summer I believe, unless someone
wants a
> parts car its worthless.
>
> Dave Sontos
> VIN 02573