      1. Re: Re: NCT's in Concours
           From: "Kevin Creason" <dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. St. Patrick's Day parade in S.D.
           From: "World Traveller" <eurojet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re:Cutting Springs
           From: deloreanernst@xxxxxxx
      4. buzzing sound
           From: "Greg Bell" <gbell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Re: NCT's in Concours
           From: kkoncelik@xxxxxxx
      6. Re: Re: New Poll / What number owner are you???
           From: Marc A Levy <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Lowering the Front Springs
           From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Hurt D for sale, please save!
           From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. RE: Lowering the Front Springs
           From: "Bryn Potter (NEC)" <v-brynp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. to all of you in the las vegas area
           From: gonedeaf85@xxxxxxx
     11. Re: DMC and BTTF (Was: Good point, Roger)
           From: "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Fascia Paint
           From: "JamesRG" <jamesrg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. EUROFEST 2001
           From: ROBLAMROCK@xxxxxxx
     14. What DeLorean owner are you poll?
           From: Joe Fedeli <fedeli@xxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Rear Suspension completed!
           From: njp548@xxxxxxx
     16. Re:Was NCT's in Concours Now Safety
           From: "jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx " <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 21:46:36 -0600
   From: "Kevin Creason" <dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: NCT's in Concours

Frankly, I don't think tires should be an issue in Concours. The NCT's (at
least mine) were not totally bad, I just didn't trust them. But I am a daily
driver. Not that my car couldn't be Concours winner, it is in excellent
shape.
So I bought a new issue of BFG's Radial T/A's with "lateral stability" or
some such salestalk. I love how quiet they are compared to my NCT's and
probably in comparision to the Yoko's. And great braking power too. I did
squeal to a stop once or twice on the NCT's, but today I did an amazing stop
with no squealing at all. I am very pleased.
And even though my BFG RTA's don't have a 2000 "H" rating, they far exceed
the performance of 1981 "H" tires. IMHO. And I saved over $100 to spend
elsewhere on the car/family/house.
When people go to replace tires it is personal preference. Just because some
people prefer Yokos does not make them the Concours standard, does it? If a
part, such as the NCT's, have to be replaced, why not leave that to personal
preference and just judge them on looks? Which looks better? That might be
Yokos anyway... :)

Another issue-- I just found out my car was lowered by the dealership before
the first owner took it home. They apparently lowered all DMC12's before
they left to go home (see my earlier post and any responses from people
about that practice. I have no reason to doubt the first owner). How does a
dealership lowering effect a Concours judging?