Re: [DMCForum] Re: runaway idle

> Sounds pretty comprehensive. I think you know more about the car than
I do so I feel silly offering advice but...

{blush} Well thankfully I don't know what the inside of my cylinders look
like!  So you have more knowledge on that than I do. ;-)

> 1. John Hervey knows the pinout for the idle regulator.

At least I can find it in myself to laugh when I think about this guy
instead of getting angry at him.  Yeah, I'm sure that he has some kind of
deal where I send him a big sum of money and he will rebuild it, add some
maxi-brute components and then forget to ever mail it back to me while
claiming that I never paid him.  But what I find really amusing is that he
is eager to buy used plug wire sets.  Is he cleaning those up & reselling
them?  Next I suppose he will be refurbishing Goodyear NCT's.  Maybe he
can
cut the side walls off and glue them to new tires.

> 2. Did you adjust the 2 set screws on the idle linkage?

Yeah, this isn't the problem.  I have that adjusted perfectly.  When the
switch activates or I disconnect the wire, the idle changes by about 300
rpm.  So the electricals there are doing something.

> 3. I observed that when I accidentally disconnected my vacuum advance
solenoid power that the car idled way to high because the solenoid
lost power it gave vacuum to the dizzy at idle.

I had this apart yesterday, so maybe I messed something up on it.  I'll
get
back there today and make sure everything is connected properly.

I have another idea that maybe I cracked the tube for the cold start
valve.
I had to put a lot of force on it to loosen/tighten the fuel line
connection.  They didn't provide any place to hold the body of the thing
still.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3856299.5103760.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1754452/R=0/SIG=11tjeu2hk/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6