[DMCForum] Re: AC mode switch

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Dore"  wrote:

> I've taken the ac dials, and headlight, flashers buttons off,
> and removed the ac panel. Behind this is another panel,
> how do I get that one off? On the left and right are what
> seems to be very badly  corroded screw heads, which
> I cannot turn. Any suggestions on how to proceed?!

The "coroded screws" are probably the spotwelds that
hold this bracket together... This panel is part of the
bracket in which the radio is also mounted.

If you REALLY want this out, you'll have to remove the
entire center console first. Check the DML-archives
on how to do this.

If there's enough slack on the vacuumhoses and wiring
(on mine there was), you can take out the switch by
removing the screw next to where the knob was and
take it out CAREFULLY by reaching in there with your
head stuck under the dash.
It's not easy, but it can be done. On the other hand,
if you've removed the console before, it will only be
about 15 minutes to remove it, and it makes working in
there MUCH easier, even with the bracket still in place...

Make sure you mark the hoses and wires, so you can
put them back in the right order, else you'll have another
problem when all is reassembled again...

Good luck,

Jan van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

DMC-12 "Dagger" since Sep. 2000