[doc] Vin5789 - Help, I Need Advice On New Steering Rack, Etc

[doc] Vin5789 - Help, I Need Advice On New Steering Rack, Etc

I've had my VIN.5789 for 6 days now and it's pretty much in good
condition thank god (So many people want to know about this car every
time I stop and get out - It's great !!!).  I've just put it in for
an MOT today (knowing it will fail of course) and the following needs
doing to pass :-

Steering Rack is very worn and needs replacing (gulp !!).
Fog Light Mods & Front Side Light Mods.
Horn need replacing.
Needs new window wiper blades.

Some of the other non-MOT essential things to replace :-

Door and Bonnet Struts (My poor back is starting to kill me !)
Grey Instrument Binnacle (The Tennessee sun has destroyed it)
UK alternative Paint code/product for re-doing the fascia (sun baked).
Lower Front Springs
If I'm going to replace the front springs with lower ones I alt to
change the shocks as well due to leaking oil.
Speedo Cable (Non-functioning at the moment, but not a requirement of
an MOT can you believe)
Non-Functioning Petrol Gauge

It's the Steering rack that concerns me.  What's the best and
cheapest way of getting hold of a new one and getting it fitted???
Also, should I mail order from PJ Grady, the new binnacle and that
special '6 Gas Strut pack' offer ?

Regards

Simon VIN.5789 / DOC-UK Member 399

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk