RE: [doc] Test Track Ownership????

Gerald, / list,

The cost of the land would probably be pretty huge, especially as plans are
afoot for residential development on the sports field right near "Warren
House", following a decision to upgrade the railway bridge access to that
side of the site.  But there is always a "lease" option, or perhaps a grant
of some kind would be possible.  I can't think of a more deserving cause. It
's an important part of Northern Irelands History.

If something is going to be organised, I think, in all honesty it needs
running by you boys in (or from) N.I. We of course would give you what
support we could.  We have a lot of talent in the club.
Including an "urban planner", an important TV man with loads of "media"
connections. That's just for a start.  Trying to organise it would doubtless
be very time consuming.  If we do nothing, I can see the track ultimately
being destroyed.  Yes with luck, we may get as far as "Eurofest 2006", but
sure as "eggs are eggs" we won't have it for Eurofest 2011.

Its all very well for me (and others)  to comment, but with my current
commitments, of planning and building my new house, running the club, and
trying to fit in a bit of "paying work" as well, I simply could not get too
involved. If other members as equally busy, (and I'm sure they are) they
probably can't make the necessary commitment either.

It just seems a great pity for us to do nothing.

If I won the lottery, I'd buy it for the club tomorrow!

Your frustrated secretary.

Chrispy