Re: [doc] Test Track Ownership????

No doubt, such an undertaking would take a huge effort...but then
again with DOC's words - "If you put your mind to it, you can
accomplish anything!"

One more thing - don't you have some sort of government person in
N.I. whose job is to PRESERVE ITEMS OF HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE. We
have that in Norway, and luckily he has stopped many
demolishing/redevelopment plans and has saved lots of houses etc. you
name it.

I think the way to go is to get the Test Track approved as a
PRESERVATION AREA.

It needs to be preserved, then nobody can touch it!
Also, like Chris mentions we have two persons in the club, Robert and
Ian, who MAY can help in some way or another. How about it guys?

One more question - the land that is currently being re-developed, is
this Montupets work OR have they sold off available land to small
firms who wants to establish themselves on the site? If the latter is
true, then surely Montupet could sell it to the club instead of a
firm. If they are thinking of selling the track, then get the facts
on table - HOW MUCH DO THEY WANT FOR IT? Then it will be fairly
obvious if the idea of buying it is realistic.

And to you on this list - How much would you be willing to buy for?
£1000 each? If the track was sold to the club via shares, the club
could organise events on the track, getting money back in. Maybe a
raffle car DeLorean could be one solution??? Just throwing some ideas
around now...but it is time to discuss this now.

Sincerely,
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Parnham" <secretary@xxxx> wrote:
> Gerald, / list,
>
> The cost of the land would probably be pretty huge, especially as
plans are
> afoot for residential development on the sports field right
near "Warren
> House", following a decision to upgrade the railway bridge access
to that
> side of the site.  But there is always a "lease" option, or perhaps
a grant
> of some kind would be possible.  I can't think of a more deserving
cause. It
> 's an important part of Northern Irelands History.
>
> If something is going to be organised, I think, in all honesty it
needs
> running by you boys in (or from) N.I. We of course would give you
what
> support we could.  We have a lot of talent in the club.
> Including an "urban planner", an important TV man with loads
of "media"
> connections. That's just for a start.  Trying to organise it would
doubtless
> be very time consuming.  If we do nothing, I can see the track
ultimately
> being destroyed.  Yes with luck, we may get as far as "Eurofest
2006", but
> sure as "eggs are eggs" we won't have it for Eurofest 2011.
>
> Its all very well for me (and others)  to comment, but with my
current
> commitments, of planning and building my new house, running the
club, and
> trying to fit in a bit of "paying work" as well, I simply could not
get too
> involved. If other members as equally busy, (and I'm sure they are)
they
> probably can't make the necessary commitment either.
>
>  It just seems a great pity for us to do nothing.
>
> If I won the lottery, I'd buy it for the club tomorrow!
>
> Your frustrated secretary.
>
> Chrispy

It's the
> DELOREAN  test track where all the poor tax payers money
(rightfully)