[doc] Re: "new" new cars

I've been a Renault fan for years, fell in love with the very first
Espace and bought one as soon as I could scape the cash together (no
mean feat at the time), margins in those days were much higher and as
I had it explained to me at the time were based on 'quotas' of sales
made by the dealer - I was given 2.5K off that first espace at the
time. I had 2 other espaces since (new) and got varying amounts of
discount on those, but the last new Renault in 2003 there was no
discount on offer and this small margin thing was explained to me at
the time in great detail- that was on a new Avantime (still have and
love it). To be fair with the dealer, they literally bent over
backwards in customer service, advised me how to sell the espace I
had privately to get better return (sold in 3 days) and also gave me
a brand new Vel Satis to drive round in  for 3 months while I waited
for the Avantime to arrive (plus gave me some extras free that I
fully expected to pay for). So, in my experience, no you can't do the
same sort of deals on new cars, but on the upside I could never
complain about the customer service I received, though, could do
without all the mailshots trying to get me to buy a Modus :-))

A quick note on insurance though - never could work out how they
price - my brand new 3L V6 Avantime insurance was less than the 2.1L
Diesel Espace that was 8 years old and worth 1/5 of the price .. work
that one out (not that I was complaining :)  )

Phill W
DOC 233
VIN 6772 (sorbet)
Avantime (M4TRA)

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Claire Usher" <claire@xxxx> wrote:

> As someone who has flogged their guts out in the world of car sales
> for the last 10 years, I have read the posts on this with interest.
>
> I love the notion that you can "demand a better deal for cash".
Tesco

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk