[doc] Re: Avantime

Hi Phill,

You own 2 of the coolest cars of all time.  (bows down, not worthy)
I love the Avantime.  I remember seeing it at the motorshow in 2000
and just staring at it.  I was amazed that a manufacturer had the
balls to put what looked like a concept car into production (they also
had the Initiale concept that became Vel Satis on show too).  They are
real headturners, just like the DeLorean - you must get quite abit of
attention in it!

As you probably know, Avantime (based on Espace III) was made by Matra
for Renault.  Matra were given the contract in 1984 to make the Espace
for 20yrs - Espace IV came out in 2003, so Avantime was in production
to basically "fill the gap" - it was apparantly cheaper to make a
niche market car like Avantime for a couple of years rather then pay
off Matra for the final year of their contract.

Would be cool to see your Avantime at some point - let me know if you
ever want to sell it, I'll stick a kidney on eBay!!

Claire
July 81 #2292
2005 Modus Dynamique Auto
1983 Vauxhall Astra Mk1