[doc] Re: Car Alarm...

Hi,

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Tien <johntien99@xxxx> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where to find the following wires
> on a DeLorean (That is close to the front end of the
> car as I want to install a car alarm there)?

On my car the entire alarm is behind the seats, including ALL
wiring...

The Siren/Horn is in the Engine-compartment, the main unit lives in
the
righthand side pontoon, behind the connectorplate, near the wiring
loom.

ALL neccesary connections can be found there except a connection
for the trunk-lid, but as this can only be opened from the outside
I opted to leave it unconnected...

Power, ignition, enginecontrol, turnsignals, interior lights (doors),
all those are present in the fuse-bay. Interfacing the locks is
simple too...

I don't know exactly how everything is connected, as I had to have
mine
professionally installed for insurance-reasons (and an annual check),
but my installer commented that it had been an easy job as everything
could easily be reached. Especially with the diagram at hand!

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...
Living the Dream...   Driving a DeLorean...
Shifting Expectations...   Driving a Nissan...

DMC-12 "Dagger" since Sep. 2000
100NX "Saphire" since Nov. 2002

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk