RE: [doc] FW: Delorean

Martin, List,

The mag has only just come out, as an advertiser we get an advance copy.
They should be available in the next day or so. BTW Guinness..should have
two n's...

Some of the quotes:-

"It says a lot about Hollywood that most people remember the DMC 12 only for
its role in those less than entertaining BTTF films"....I thought the films
were pretty good!

"...a car attracted fingerprints and dubious stains more readily than an
obliging and adventurous lady of the night"..."Within a few months, a
DeLorean would look scruffier than an eco warrior"......"The idea of a
sports car with a brushed stainless steel finish was about as appealing to
most Americans as a low fat diet"....

........"Then of course there was the DeLorean's choice of engine: nothing
more than a mid-mounted 2.8 litre Renault V6. What a storming power plant to
choose..not!" ....
."Standing start acceleration compared to its rivals, felt about as rapid as
a Raleigh Chopper".....

...."The fact that you can now buy an OK - but not pristine- DeLorean (
assuming you can find one) for as little as ?10-?15K makes it almost
tempting. Or perhaps not!".....

....."The whole driving experience was pretty unexciting"......

....."most of the attention was from football kicking young lads with an
insatiable desire to smear their greasy finger prints all over.....the car
looked spottier than the Dalmatian enclosure at Crufts"!

..."Back to the Future, but to me, its Back to the drawing
board"........"Verdict: If you want something angular and um-painted, your
local Sainsbury's will lend you a shopping trolley for a QUID"......

There were a few kinder comments, but I think you get the idea...

Chris P