Re: [doc] Door Lock / Latches

jchapelhow wrote:

> I had a quick chat to Martin at the event who mentioned a safety/two-
> stage latch (that is my understanding, so if its wrong blame me).

All car doors have this - it's the catch the latch rests on when you
don't quite slam a door hard enough, resulting in having to re-open and
slam again. The advantage of the DeLorean is that there're two latches,
the disadvantage being that the wind will not naturally keep the doors
shut (and I have heard of this happening)

DMC Joe used to advocate the removal of the front lock link-rod because
it's non-adjustable. The truth is that all the others are meant to be
adjusted around it.

BTW my rear latch on my driver's door has been known to pop onto the
safety but in my case it's because the door's pissed and I can't be
assed to adjust it. And my car's 700 cars after yours John!

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk