[DML] Re: DeLoreans on Chris' car site

Remember the first 500 or so cars were crash-tested, and also the car in question
(which I am convinced is a "normal" production year) is a mis-nomer becasue it has a
personalised plate and therefore one cannot tell the year from it (the plate was sold
seperately from the car). Rob Lamrock has some details on this particular car.

For everyone's info, a UK number plate as standard is in the form of a letter grouped
with three numbers, and three letters.The letter with the three numbers designates
the year (recently this has been changed to every 6 months), and the three letters
designates location of registration (to some bizarre code).

Add to this the fact that the numbers cycled over from XXX 111Y to A111 XXX from 1983
to 84. For Example Ian Titley's '83 D has the plate UOA 596Y, My car (Citroen),
registered in 1989 is F244 XCV.

Irish plates, which many D's carry, are in the form of 3 letters, 4 numbers.

Martin